Are Pastries Making US Fat?

By bilto → Friday, 14 November 2014
 Are Pastries Making US Fat?

I like making pastries. Not exactly the healthiest food around; but, pastries were never intended to be consumed in mass like so many people do these days.
Sometimes it seems like people eat too much because too much food is in front of them. Could this be a biological thing? I know that cats and dogs will eat as long as they have food in front of them; however, the lucky ones have responsible owners that pay attention to how much they are eating.
Could that particular instinct be present in the human brain? I don’t see why not.
Of course, I am not an expert on behavior, biology, or genetics. On those subjects, I just have a general understanding.

What I do accept is that we are in charge of our own destinies; however, I am not looking for a scapegoat. That would be kind of pointless in this line of thought. Even if obesity is not our fault, it is still our problem.
I read about so many cultures that fall apart in a haze of overfeeding and decadence once prosperity has been secured. I know it is a bit of a leap to go from people to cultures; but, I believe that cultures are a reflection of the people in them. A basic instinct will find its expression.
Let’s see, what do I know right now?
Portions in restaurants are too big. Most people are unaware that the proportion of meat in our diets is way over the optimum size.

Preservatives and refrigeration are allowing food to stay edible much longer, which builds up much larger reserves of food. That food will need to be sold. Salt and preservatives only work for so long.
Marketing and sales will exploit any basic human instinct in order to sell products.
Thus my thoughts turn in this direction. Is the US obesity epidemic simply because we have too much in front of us? Could it be that simple?
This line of thought is at the very least, worth thinking about. I am sure someone has written something like this.


 by:4lifestyle
Share and comment our aricle and help us to write more article 
 

Post Tags:

Jillur Rahman

I'm Jillur Rahman. A full time web designer. I enjoy to make modern template. I love create blogger template and write about web design, blogger. Now I'm working with Themeforest. You can buy our templates from Themeforest.

No Comment to " Are Pastries Making US Fat? "